Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Book of Mormon

Last night I had the great pleasure of seeing Book of Mormon at the historic Pantages Theatre at Hollywood/Vine. (A first for me.) At this point the show has been around for so long that one more review is going to mean nothing to anyone. The long and short though is that I thought it was fantastic. It was hilarious. It was irreverent. It involved me and my fellow audience members. It was a great piece of theatre. It's everything about theatre that theatre in 2014 should be.

I was really pleased that even though the show has been around a few years now and everyone I know has seen it, I managed to not know much about the show going in. It was fantastic to, in the age of the internet and spoilers and everything, be able to have that experience again. At first I thought, "Okay, this is going to be fun. Silly. I get it." Then there was this number:
Not my video, nor the cast I saw, just one I found on YouTube. After this number I realized it was just going to be fun. It was going to be spectacular. I had few qualms with any of the performances. For the most part I was wowed by everyone, but for me our Elder McKinley, Pierce Cassedy, was a stand-out. What an amazing performer.

I'm so glad I finally got to have this unbelievable theatrical experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment